1.0.0 Version

Communication Forums Troubleshooting 1.0.0 Version

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pierre Pierre 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Enrique Garza
    Enrique Garza
    Participant

Dear Gazespeake,

After several attempts I was finally able to download the new version 1.0.0

When the installation has finished, the Gazespeaker Icon appeared in my desktop, when I tried to open it, I just see a complete black screen and nothing happens.

I Have the Eye Tribe.

Any Ideas? My mother with ALS is very happy to know that she will communicate with us very soon.

Thanks

Profile photo of Pierre
    Pierre
    Keymaster

Dear Enrique,

I am sorry to hear you had a problem in launching the program. I hope we will solve it easily so you can use it with your mother very soon.

What is your configuration ? (operating system version, processor and screen resolution)

There is a log in the folder Documents/Gazespeaker/logs called log.txt
    Could you please open it (it opens automatically with the notepad editor) check if there is an error recorded in this file ? You may send it to our contact email: postmaster@gazespeaker.org

best regards
    Pierre

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Pierre Pierre.
    Profile photo of Pierre
    Pierre
    Keymaster

It seems there is a problem with the aero 2 dll on windows 7 which prevents the correct display at initialization

We are trying to fix this issue asap. We appologize for this problem on w7

gazespeaker works ok on windows 8 and 8.1

Enrique Garza
    Participant

Thanks Pierre,

I have Windows 7 with Core i5, I really appreciate the efforts of your team. Do you think the problem will be solved soon or do you recommend me to Upgrade my Windows?

Thank you again

Enrique

Profile photo of Pierre
    Pierre
    Keymaster

Hi Enrique, the problem has been identified and has been fixed. We are updating the version and it will be available within the next hours (should be online this evening or during the week end at the latest).
    Pierre

Enrique Garza
    Participant

Excellent, thank you very much Pierre.

I will let you know

Enrique

Profile photo of Pierre
    Pierre
    Keymaster

Enrique, the version 1.0.1 is now updated and available for download.
    Pierre

Enrique Garza
    Participant

Thank you Pierre

Now is working very good, Amaizing tool, is really exceeding my expectations, I can imagine the amount of time invested by you and your team. Im learning how to use it so I can teach my mother. I live in Germany and she lives in Mexico, in 2 weeks I will be in Mexico to give her this big surprise, she has been in bed with no communication since more than 1 year, very sad situation, but now with your solution we will change her life.

Thank you very much, I will let you know when Im in Mexico.

Enrique

Profile photo of Pierre
    Pierre
    Keymaster

Thank you very much Enrique for your feedback. I hope very much this will help your mother in Mexico.
    Pierre

Enrique Garza
    Participant

Dear Pierre,

I was trying to use the appication today but it does not work, it cannot detect my eyetribe anymore, I have also download the new version, restart my computer but still the same result. Last week was working excellent but not today, could it be a problem with the eyetribe? looks like the eyetribe is working ok, I can do the calibration but the gazespeaker does not see it anymore. Any Ideas?

Enrique

Enrique Garza
    Participant

Pierre now after several attempts is working, but the eyetribe gets disconnected from time to time, I have to unplug and replug the eyetribe to get the signal again.

I have asked the eyetribe team about this issue and for them this is something new, has somebody else reported this issue to you as well?

Enrique

Profile photo of Pierre
    Pierre
    Keymaster

Hi Enrique,

To use the Eye Tribe with Gazespeaker, the operating mode I found the most reliable is the following:

0. start your computer

1. launch the EyeTribe UI, which will itself launch the EyeTribe Server

2. in the EyeTribe UI, launch the calibration (9 points is usually fine), you should obtain a calibration result with 5 stars.

3. CLOSE the EyeTribe UI (it is not necessary to run Gazespeaker and would keep the leds on even when the gazespeaker is not active): the leds of the EyeTribe tracker should be off

4. start the Gazespeaker program (click on the icon on the desktop): the leds of the EyeTribe should then be activated (visible and red)

5. on the home page of the Gazespeaker, you should see your eyes on the eyetracker window (it should be light green with an image of your eyes if the eyetracker works correctly; if not, this window remains white and an error message may appear)

6. DO NOT use the double calibration in Gazespeaker (it is only useful for children with special disabilities, and is not useful for adults or in ALS). If you used this double calibration, you can cancel it : go to the double calibration screen, click on the reset button (0)

7. When you exit from the gazespeaker program at the end of your session, the leds of the Eyetribe should be off. When you relaunch the program, the leds will be lighted again.

Currently, the EyeTribe doesn’t store the calibration, so when you restart your computer, you need to perform the calibration in step 1 and 2 again (Martin from the EyeTribe told me that this feature should be implemented in a future version of the driver).

Avoid to connect/disconnect the EyeTribe tracker (especially do not disconnect it at the level of the eye tracker, because the connexion at this level may be physically damaged). I never had to connect/reconnect the EyeTRibe tracker until now with the operating mode described above and I have used it hundreds of times since the beginning of this year.

Hope it helps
    Pierre

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.