During this summer, we are actively preparing the next release of Gazespeaker.
It will be a major release with many additional features!
1) It will support multiple languages and voices (Gazespeaker will be installed with dozens of languages), and SAPI 5 voices along with Microsoft Speech platform.
Additional voices from Nuance, ATT and Acapella will be accessible.
2) The User interface will have multiple themes pre-installed. It will also be possible to create specific themes for Gazespeaker.
The user interface has been redesigned and enhanced.
The different themes included will be :
- Default (gazespeaker)
- Metro dark (Windows 8 like with dark blue background)
- Metro green (green background)
- Metro light (light gray background)
- Picto (buttons with pictograms)
3) The quality and robustness of the program has been seriously improved.
4) The organization of the grids has been reviewed: there are now 3 different types of grids:
- system grids: grids created by Gazespeaker.org, and are upgraded with new versions -> these grids cannot be modified by end users; they can only be copied and modified as user grids
- user grids: grids created by users, or system grids modified specifically
- keyboards : specific grids for predictive keyboards
5) Auto-updates to check automatically for updates
6) Improvement of the eye tracking integration, including for alternating strabismus.
7) The version will be launched with the Apache 2 open source license.
Currently, we are actively testing and improving this version.