Failing to download install file – unable to post on Gazespeaker forums

Communication Forums Troubleshooting Failing to download install file – unable to post on Gazespeaker forums

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pierre Pierre 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jeff Kang
    Jeff Kang
    Participant

Someone is having issues with downloading the install file, and is unable to post on the forums.

“karl o’keeffe
    4:49 AM

Hi Jeff, I saw you had commented on the Gazespeaker site. You downloaded it and tried it out? I have tried numerous times over the last week to download the install file and it fails every time. I wasn’t able to post on the Gazespeaker forum or contact them so I’m coming to you with the problem (sorry). Any ideas?”

Thanks.

Profile photo of Pierre
    Pierre
    Keymaster

Hi Karl, I checked your account: it’s ok, you should be able to post in the forums. Did you confirm your email by clicking on the link sent by the site when you registered ?

Download the install file (setup.exe) should work. However, usually there is a warning error when you download an exe file and you must confirm you want to keep the file and run the install.

In windows 8, there is a warning message “windows has protected your computer” and you must click on “additional information” and then “install” to complete.

Pierre

Profile photo of Karl
    Karl
    Participant

Thanks Jeff –

Hi Pierre,
    This software looks great and along with the new generation of more affordable eye trackers could be life-changing for someone. As Jeff outlined above I have been unable to download the installer. I have tried two different computers, Chrome and Firefox and I get the same result every time. Shortly after I get the warning you mentioned about downloading a setup.exe (which I select to keep of course) the download finishes. Always between 60 and 80MB (which as you know is smaller than it should be). If I try to run it anyway it gives me “the setup files are corrupt” error. Can you see what i’m doing wrong? or could you make the file available some other way?
    Many thanks,
    Karl

Profile photo of Pierre
    Pierre
    Keymaster

Hi Karl, I changed the settings of the download plugin : tell me if it works now
    Pierre

Profile photo of Karl
    Karl
    Participant

Hi Pierre,
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and trying to resolve this. Looking through the documentation this looks like some great work, I’m looking forward to trying it out. I eventually got it downloaded using IE 11 (windows 7) with security turned off and my anti virus disabled (although the download was still interrupted at about 60% it allowed me to resume). However the installer was corrupt. I got the following error.

..AppData\local\Temp\is-L0A1P.tmp\MSSpeech_SR_en-GB_TELE.msi
    An error occurred while trying to copy a file:
    The source file is corrupt.

I retried but no luck so I selected ignore and the installation continued. Seemed to install OK and I got as far as the Start Grid when it shut down. This may have been caused when the download was interrupted. Would it be possible to put the installer in a zip file? This might help with the download problems.
    Thanks again,
    Karl

Profile photo of Pierre
    Pierre
    Keymaster

Hi Karl,
    Sorry, yes there is an issue with the SpeechPlatform which is not installed correctly with the installer:
    I have added the speech platform in the download section and you will need to download and install the speech platform independently (at least Microsoft Speech runtime, but potentially also MSSpeech_SR_en-GB_TELE.msi and MSSpeech TTS_en-GB Hazel.msi).

I will provide a new version this week-end to fix this problem and add support of the Tobii Eye X tracker.
    Sorry again for the inconvenience and thank you for the feedback.
    Pierre

Profile photo of Karl
    Karl
    Participant

Absolutely no need to apologise. Thank you for doing this it is really promising. Once the bugs are ironed out Gazespeaker will be far ahead anything else available with features to match the proprietary applications.. except free! I will do as you suggest and if I get it up and running I will test it with users and send you feedback.

Profile photo of Richard Chui
    Richard Chui
    Participant

I have tried 4 or 5 times (both on PC and Mac) and could not complete the download. Sometimes the download will stop at 2xMB and sometimes are 5xMB. Please kindly help. Thanks!

Profile photo of Pierre
    Pierre
    Keymaster

Hi Richard, I checked today with both internet explorer and chrome and the download was performed correctly on my PC. May be it was due to a workload peak on the server at the time you tried to download the file. By the way, where are you located ? (could it be a question of long distance ?) Could you try again: if the problem continues, I will find another solution to make the program available on another server or location.

Pierre

Richard Chui
    Participant

Just did on 2 different computers. Same thing. One stopped after downloaded 3xMB, and the other after 5xMB. My Internet connection is fine. Never seen such thing before.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Pierre
    Pierre
    Keymaster

Richard, I changed the settings of the download manager. Could you try again ? Thanks
    Pierre

Richard Chui
    Participant

Still the same, stopped at 54.8MB. Could you perhaps provide a dropbox link to download the file?

Profile photo of Pierre
    Pierre
    Keymaster

Hi Richard, this is a dropbox link for download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhbwielwxfft9gk/gazespeaker-setup-0.92.exe

Pierre

Richard Chui
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

The dropbox link works perfectly. Got the whole file in the first attempt. Please keep the link alive as I will be asking quite a few people to download the software as well.

Thanks for the great help!

Richard

Profile photo of Pierre
    Pierre
    Keymaster

Thanks Richard
    I will keep the dropbox link until I find a solution for this problem (use another download manager or use a CDN).
    Pierre

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.