September 21, 2014 at 7:42 pm #6566
After several attempts I was finally able to download the new version 1.0.0
When the installation has finished, the Gazespeaker Icon appeared in my desktop, when I tried to open it, I just see a complete black screen and nothing happens.
I Have the Eye Tribe.
Any Ideas? My mother with ALS is very happy to know that she will communicate with us very soon.
ThanksSeptember 22, 2014 at 7:59 am #6568
I am sorry to hear you had a problem in launching the program. I hope we will solve it easily so you can use it with your mother very soon.
What is your configuration ? (operating system version, processor and screen resolution)
There is a log in the folder Documents/Gazespeaker/logs called log.txt
Could you please open it (it opens automatically with the notepad editor) check if there is an error recorded in this file ? You may send it to our contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
September 25, 2014 at 2:53 pm #6626
- This reply was modified 7 years ago by Pierre.
It seems there is a problem with the aero 2 dll on windows 7 which prevents the correct display at initialization
We are trying to fix this issue asap. We appologize for this problem on w7
gazespeaker works ok on windows 8 and 8.1September 25, 2014 at 10:14 pm #6627
I have Windows 7 with Core i5, I really appreciate the efforts of your team. Do you think the problem will be solved soon or do you recommend me to Upgrade my Windows?
Thank you again
EnriqueSeptember 26, 2014 at 11:32 am #6628
Hi Enrique, the problem has been identified and has been fixed. We are updating the version and it will be available within the next hours (should be online this evening or during the week end at the latest).
PierreSeptember 26, 2014 at 6:33 pm #6629
Excellent, thank you very much Pierre.
I will let you know
EnriqueSeptember 26, 2014 at 9:42 pm #6635
Enrique, the version 1.0.1 is now updated and available for download.
PierreSeptember 27, 2014 at 12:20 am #6640
Thank you Pierre
Now is working very good, Amaizing tool, is really exceeding my expectations, I can imagine the amount of time invested by you and your team. Im learning how to use it so I can teach my mother. I live in Germany and she lives in Mexico, in 2 weeks I will be in Mexico to give her this big surprise, she has been in bed with no communication since more than 1 year, very sad situation, but now with your solution we will change her life.
Thank you very much, I will let you know when Im in Mexico.
EnriqueSeptember 27, 2014 at 7:22 pm #6641
Thank you very much Enrique for your feedback. I hope very much this will help your mother in Mexico.
PierreOctober 2, 2014 at 1:28 am #6682
I was trying to use the appication today but it does not work, it cannot detect my eyetribe anymore, I have also download the new version, restart my computer but still the same result. Last week was working excellent but not today, could it be a problem with the eyetribe? looks like the eyetribe is working ok, I can do the calibration but the gazespeaker does not see it anymore. Any Ideas?
EnriqueOctober 2, 2014 at 1:49 am #6683
Pierre now after several attempts is working, but the eyetribe gets disconnected from time to time, I have to unplug and replug the eyetribe to get the signal again.
I have asked the eyetribe team about this issue and for them this is something new, has somebody else reported this issue to you as well?
EnriqueOctober 3, 2014 at 7:48 pm #6684
To use the Eye Tribe with Gazespeaker, the operating mode I found the most reliable is the following:
0. start your computer
1. launch the EyeTribe UI, which will itself launch the EyeTribe Server
2. in the EyeTribe UI, launch the calibration (9 points is usually fine), you should obtain a calibration result with 5 stars.
3. CLOSE the EyeTribe UI (it is not necessary to run Gazespeaker and would keep the leds on even when the gazespeaker is not active): the leds of the EyeTribe tracker should be off
4. start the Gazespeaker program (click on the icon on the desktop): the leds of the EyeTribe should then be activated (visible and red)
5. on the home page of the Gazespeaker, you should see your eyes on the eyetracker window (it should be light green with an image of your eyes if the eyetracker works correctly; if not, this window remains white and an error message may appear)
6. DO NOT use the double calibration in Gazespeaker (it is only useful for children with special disabilities, and is not useful for adults or in ALS). If you used this double calibration, you can cancel it : go to the double calibration screen, click on the reset button (0)
7. When you exit from the gazespeaker program at the end of your session, the leds of the Eyetribe should be off. When you relaunch the program, the leds will be lighted again.
Currently, the EyeTribe doesn’t store the calibration, so when you restart your computer, you need to perform the calibration in step 1 and 2 again (Martin from the EyeTribe told me that this feature should be implemented in a future version of the driver).
Avoid to connect/disconnect the EyeTribe tracker (especially do not disconnect it at the level of the eye tracker, because the connexion at this level may be physically damaged). I never had to connect/reconnect the EyeTRibe tracker until now with the operating mode described above and I have used it hundreds of times since the beginning of this year.
Hope it helps
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.